Bookkeeping Practice Set
An accounting and bookkeeping practice set is the best way for students to learn the practical skills essential to accounting by completing a one month accounting cycle for a fictional business.
Baldy’s Barber Shop bookkeeping practice set course was made to provide the accounting and bookkeeping student with an overview of how the manual concepts taught in an introductory accounting course can be applied to a manual and computerized accounting system. In addition, the practice set illustrates the benefits of using a computerized accounting system.
Baldy's Barber Shop Practice Set
An Accounting Practice Set in three versions - Manual, Spreadsheets, and Manager Accounting Software
Baldy's Barber Shop is a three-way accounting practice set that includes both a manual version for completion in writing, a Microsoft® Excel or Libre Office Spreadsheet version, and a Manager Accounting Software computerized accounting software version.
Students undertaking the manual version first will achieve an undertanding of the accounting process (accounting cycle), the Spreadsheet Version illustrates the benefits of using computer applications as an aid in bookkeeping, and the Manager Accounting Software version introduces students to a general business accounting package and the benefits gained from their use.
Completion of this bookkeeping practice set will help introductory students of accounting to enhance their understanding of:
- The accounting cycle
- The chart of accounts
- Recording transactions in the general and special journals
- Double-entry accounting
- Posting transactions from journals into the general and subsidiary ledgers
- Preparation of a trial balance and adjusted trial balance
- End-of-period adjustments
- Summarization of financial information on a worksheet
- Preparation of accounting reports, including the profit and loss statement and balance sheet
- Computer Accounting and Bookkeeping Software